Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Nightmare is Slowly Becoming a Dream!

During Spring Break 2013, I was following almost every Shakespeare Company I could find on Twitter. While doing so, I was emailing all the Art Directors and Managers and telling them about my idea for the event called "Shakesfeare"! Upon doing so, I've various compliments and the idea and even had responses saying that they would love to work with me!

Here are what some of the Shakespeare Companies have said regarding my idea:

"I'll bookmark your email for future reference..."

"I really like this idea and would like to chat more with you about it ... [I] would love to find a time, perhaps, in late April."

"Sounds like a great idea."

"Sounds like a cool idea ... send me a reminder in May, I'll forward it to our graduating members. There may be some interest."

"...your approach to Shakespeare plays is certainly novel."

"It sounds like this is exactly what you were trying to do by pulling the "fear" out of Shakespeare!  We have a tradition of putting on spooky Shakespeare plays around Halloween (and usually even a show at midnight on Halloween) where we don't shy away from gore, guts, or goblins!  It would be great to meet with you when you finish up the semester and see if there is anyway we could work together.  We are always looking for exciting people who are interested in joining our team and helping us spread our mutual love of the Bard's word."

Needless to say I had a very positive and effective Spring Break! I can't wait to meet these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment